The Weemote gives the parents the control and the children the power.
- Allow your children to navigate the wealth of content available on DVD players, DVR players and Set-Top devices that feature Interactive TV.
- Give your children their own remote.
- Simple alternative to complicated remotes.
- Ideal for Seniors with Alzheimer's.
- Please see the Weemote v. 7 for regular TV functions.
In tune with your digital lifestyle, the
weemote® dV Remote Control makes using any DVD player or other digital video (dV) device a snap for kids. Based on the overwhelming popularity of our classic weemote® TV Remote Control design, weemote® dV expands on our well known, ease of use and powerful programming features to allow you to control a new generation of digital video devices.
weemote® dV provides only the most frequently used controls, necessary to operate your digital video device, such as navigational direction, selection, menu and transport controls. Large individually shaped buttons practically guarantees easy, error free operation!
Weemote dv (DVD and DVR)In stock and ready to ship.
Suggested Retail Price: $29.95
Our Price: $24.95
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee!
1 Year Limited Warranty
2 AAA Batteries
(Required for the remote
and not included.)
Add a One Year Replacement Extended Warranty
The weemote® dV case design is innovative
and patterned after our classic weemote® TV Remote Control. Made for little hands, weemote® dV adds a stylish rubber "boot" that surrounds the case for increased comfort. A flat contoured bottom also gives the weemote® dV added stability when used on a tabletop.
With the ever increasing amount of supplementary and interactive DVD content that accompanies today's DVD movie titles,
children can now fully explore that content without frustration or parental assistance. There are also many exciting games and enriching educational titles being produced today - designed to take advantage of the interactive features found in standard DVD players. Get the most value out your DVD rentals and purchases with the new weemote® dV!
- Simple operation for a wide variety of digital video devices
- Supports all popular DVD players with built-in codes
- Supports virtually any device with full learning technology
- With the learning feature, select which controls (up to 9) you want to activate.
Add more capability as your child grows!
- Controls only the essential features of your digital video device - navigation, select, main menu and transport controls.
- Large buttons in different shapes and colors makes identification easy
- Case designed for comfort when used in the hand or on a table top
- Case design features a surrounding rubber boot for added support and style
- Operates on 2 AAA batteries
- Built-in memory protects all your program settings even when no batteries are present!
- Hidden program area secured by a captive screw ensures your settings are
- Dimensions: 5.5" X 2.5" X 1.25"
- DVD Players
- TV/DVD Players
- VCR/DVD Players
- DVR Players
- Digital Set-Top Devices (Cable or Satellite)
** Please note that only one device can be setup with the weemote® DV at one time.
** Please note that the weemote® will not work if your your Set-Top device uses Radio Frequency (RF) remote control. The weemote® dV only sends Infrared (IR) signals.
Setting up your weemote® dV is quick and easy. Your new weemote® dV comes
with a complete library of SETUP CODES for virtually all popular DVD players. When using the Weemote® dV with a DVD player, just find your compatible code and the remote is instantly ready to use!
A hidden area for programming makes your settings secure. The battery door
and program door are also fully secured using a captive screw. The weemote® dV has been thoroughly "Kid Tested" and will not fall apart or pop open when dropped.
weemote® dV also features "full learning technology" for all user controls. This means that even if your DVD device is not supported in our library or you want to
use Weemote® dV with a different device such as a TiVo system, it's easy! Just take your existing remote control unit, push it's buttons while pointing it directly at the weemote® dV. The weemote® dV automatically learns the commands and will faithfully reproduce any button for any device you wish to control!.
The extensive learning features built into the weemote® dV would easily cost over
$100 with other comparable remote control units. Plus, the other units are far more complex to program and use. No other remote control is as simple and easy-to-use as your new weemote® dV! Get the weemote® dV today for only $19.95. Works with portable DVD players and car DVD players too!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the weemote® dV differ from the weemote® TV remote?
- Why should I consider a separate remote for my child?
- How will my child benefit using the weemote® dV?
- As a parent, how do I benefit getting a weemote® dV?
- After I program the weemote® dV, how safe are the settings?
- How involved is it to setup the weemote® dV?
- Will the weemote® dV work with a portable or car DVD player?
- Can I use one weemote® dV on multiple DVD players?
- What are some examples of dedicated interactive DVD content?
- How do I setup my entertainment system so that the weemote® dV can be used by my child?
1. How does the weemote® dV differ from the weemote® TV remote?
The weemote® dV is specifically designed to allow children to access and control content interactively when using on-screen menus such as those typically found on DVD media. The weemote® 3 TV remote is designed to allow control of live TV
content, i.e. television or Set-Top channels selected by the parent.
For example in the case of a DVR device such as a TiVo® player, the weemote® dV allows access to recorded content in the Now Playing list while the weemote® 3 TV remote allows access to specific channels you set while accessing the Live TV mode of the TiVo® player.
2. Why should I consider a separate remote for my child?
With the significant increase of interactive content available on digital video devices and interactive television today, children often become frustrated because they cannot easily access the interactive content because of the complexity of traditional
remote controls. Often they require a vast amount of parental assistance. The compact size and large navigational buttons of the weemote® dV enable children to simply navigate through interactive contents and have fun while learning.
3. How will my child benefit using the weemote® dV?
The weemote® dV encourages learning as it makes interactive content more accessible. Children feel empowered and feel a sense of self-accomplishment, as they now have a device of their own and no longer have to rely on parental assistance.
4. As a parent, how do I benefit getting the weemote® dV?
Parents are empowered by the weemote® dV, as it is simple for children to use and therefore, allows children to be independent of parental assistance when navigating and interacting with content available via digital video devices and interactive television. In addition, parents no longer have to worry about children accidentally tampering with control settings on expensive remote controls.
5. After I program the weemote® dV, how safe are the settings?
The weemote® dV is housed in durable casing that offers a secured battery and program door so parents do not have to worry about children changing the codes or removing the batteries. All settings are also permanently stored in memory regardless of the state of your batteries.
6. How involved is it to setup the weemote® dV?
Setup is easy. The weemote® dV offers two types of setup. It comes with a complete library of Setup Codes for virtually any DVD Player. Parents simply find the compatible code for their brand of DVD player and enter it into the remote and the device is ready to use. For those DVD players that are not supported or for the
setup of the weemote dV with different devices such as a DVR (TiVo®) or Set-Top device, the weemote dV offers a "full learning technology" feature. The full learning technology feature enables parents to point and click their existing remote at the weemote dV and it will automatically learn the commands and controls of the existing remote and reliably replicate them.
7. Will the weemote® dV work with a portable or car DVD player?
Yes. With the built-in library of DVD codes and the learning mode, you can setup the weemote® dV to work in your car - especially good on those long trips!
8. Can I use one weemote® dV on multiple DVD players?
No. The weemote® dV is designed to operate one device at a time. However, you can always go back and setup the weemote® dV to work on a new or different device, at any time.
9. What are some examples of dedicated interactive DVD content?
Dedicated interactive DVD titles are being released everyday. We define dedicated interactive DVD content as those DVD titles that only contain interactive content. It turns out that virtually all DVD movie titles have some amount of interactive DVD content in the form of games and chapter selections.
Some excellent interactive DVD content titles to consider are Disney's Lilo and
Stitch's Islands of Adventure Board Game and the Adventureville series of interactive shows. These titles alone can provide hours of enriching entertainment when children are empowered to control them using the weemote® dV.
10. How do I setup my entertainment system so that the weemote® dV can be used by my child?
All you need to do is turn on your entertainment system, set the proper video input control if needed, with your standard remote control. At this point, your child can now begin to use the weemote® dV.
If you want the DVD player to be accessible to your child, then they can even control the use of available DVD media without further parental intervention.
If your not satisfied with Weemote, return to us within thirty days after delivery for a full refund of the purchase price not including shipping and handling.
Weemote comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty on parts and labor.