Home > TV Guardian > TV Guardian HD Set-to Box Model 501
TV Guardian HD Model 501
TV and DVD Profanity Filter
The TVGuardian automatically detects and filters profanity and other offensive phrases while you watch movies or television shows.
How It Works:
The TVGuardian monitors the hidden closed-captioning signal and compares those words to it's database of offensive words and phrases. When an offensive word is detected it mutes the sound for the sentence and displays a replacement text on the screen. See our TV Guardian Demo Video.
Features of the TVGuardian HD Model 501:
- Easily connects between your HD TV and
1080p Upconverting DVD Player
Tivo HD with cable or over-the-air HDTV
Blu-Ray Player (to play DVDs not Blu-Ray movies)
Seven Filter Settings:
Tolerant Moderate Strict Off
And Word Specific Control For:
D**n and H**l Religious Programming Sexual References
- Features for HDTV and Home Theater Support
Up to 1080p Resolution (depending on video source)
- Choose from four different quick-change Audience Settings:
Kids, Family, Parents and Other.
- Optional Password Protection on the settings.
- Three Closed-Caption Settings: On, During Mute or Off.
- No Annual or Reoccurring Fees
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- One Year Limited Manufactures Warranty
Also See the TVGuardian SD
Which TVGuardian Do I Need?
The TVGuardian HD hooks into your home
entertainment system right before the TV. It connects between your tuner (cable box or satellite receiver, etc.) and the TV. Click here if you use a TV Antenna or Cable straight from the wall.
- Two HDMI Audio/Video Input Connections
- Two Toslink Digital (Optical) Audio Input
- One Yellow (Composite Video) port. This connection is REQUIRED for the TVGuardian to detect the closed-captioning and filter the language. Your Tuner, DVD Player, Satellite Receiver or other source must have and use the Composite Video output.
- One HDMI Audio/Video Output Connection
- One Toslink Digital (Optical) Audio Output
For additional information on installation, see the TV Guardian HD 501 Support Page.
- TVGuardian HD Model 501
- One 6V DC Adapter
- Remote Control
- 3' HDMI Cable
- Two AAA Batteries for the remote.
- User's Manual or Quick Start Guide
Customer Comments & Reviews:
"I love this...I am giving one to each of my children..." Carolyn W.
"Now we can watch our favorite movies without the profanity!"
"Both my wife and I give the TV Guardian huge "thumbs-up." It seems embarrassing to watch television as a family anymore with the amount of harsh language abound in even the "family-friendliest" of programs - it's good to know that we have an added level of protection for our home."
Read on.... Independent Review from MSTAR Communications.
Up to 30 days after you purchase the TVGuardian, if you are
not satisfied with TVGuardian, just call us for a return authorization number and ship it back to us for a refund of the purchase price not including shipping and handling.
TVGuardian comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty on parts and labor. Order an extended replacement warranty for this item.
Please understand how the TV Guardian works and it's limitations. Please read more information on compatibility with new and old technologies, including HD.
(Free Budget Shipping)
Stock: In Stock
2 AAA Batteries
(Required for the remote
and not included.)